Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Random Recap


The last two weeks were up and down for me. I get really bad headaches and sometimes they are pretty debilitating. Two weeks ago I had a severe headache that lasted from Friday night through the week and finally died down a bit over a week later on Monday. That's a total of 11 days in agony.

When I say that I had a headache the whole time, I'm not being dramatic. I literally spent every waking moment with throbbing pain. I missed days of work, took several medications (one of which was a "needless shot" that I had to administer myself and it hurt!), and finally after a full week I went to urgent care and was given a shot of diluadid which is stronger than morphine. The shot made me dizzy but didn't even knock me out, or take away my pain. My final orders were to go to the ER for a CT scan...which I haven't done yet.

As I type the headache is returning. I guess I am thankful that I had at least one day of relief :(

OK enough whining!



On a brighter note, the sweet Fashion Daydreams suggested that I try some Ben & Jerry's Half Baked to make myself feel better. Let me just say that I am not a huge ice cream person; however, it's so good!

Check out the ingredients in Half Baked: chocolate & vanilla ice cream mixed with fudge brownies & gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough. Yup!


Also bringing me joy - cheap, pretty nail polish! I grabbed two bottles of polish for $3 from Walgreens. It was a steal. Here's one of the shades I selected. It's called "What's Your Name" by a brand called Sinful Colors. You can kind of tell in these pictures, the polish is black with subtle dark teal glitter. So far it hasn't chipped!




Lastly, check out this little cutie! Her name is Butters and I am dog sitting while her mommy is away at work. She may have puked on my bed all over my comforter...and several other times yesterday...but how can you get mad at anything as adorable as her? And look how tough she looks when she yawns! Grrr!






26 comments:

Staley Mc said...

Ooo I like that nail polish! Hope your having fun petsitting!

daisychain said...

Half baked is the best (second to cookie dough)
I hope you get yourself checked out soon lovely x

love jenny xoxo said...

I hope everything goes alright, headaches can be the worst :(

but Butters is adorable!!

XOXO

k said...

I hope you get to a doctor! I have migraines at least once a week (for a couple days) and the rest of the time I usually have a headache...sooo let me know what they say :0

Andee Layne said...

half baked is my favorite ben and jerrys flavor!!! Loving that polish as well xo

Andee Layne said...

half baked is my favorite ben and jerrys flavor!!! Loving that polish as well xo

Angela said...

oh hope you are feeling better.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Nail polish and puppies...two of my favorite things!! :P

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible headache! I hope you get it figured out and feel better soon. I LOVE Half Baked, it's definitely one of my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavors. That always helps me feel better too. Love the nail color!

xo
Valerie

monica said...

ummm. ummm. i love b & j's ice cream!

xo monica

ae said...

Hopefully, you can figure out what is going on with your headaches soon and get some relief. I have migraines and I know how debilitating they can be.

SassyScorp said...

I meant to ask you how you are feeling? Girl, go get that CAT scan! That is why too many headaches and way too much pain to keep dealing with! Hope you start getting some relief.

happy note- CUTE polish! :)

Nikki said...

love your nails!

xx
Nikki

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Half Baked is crazy addictive!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your headaches, that sucks bad. Ice cream always does help, but go to the doctor, too! XX!

bananas. said...

your nails are perfect for the season and upcoming halloween weekend! loves!!! and that puppers...adorable!!!

Jessica said...

I hope you feel better soon and you need to get to a doctor! Ice cream always helps though. ;)

caroline said...

awww i hope you're feeling better! i get migraines so i know how painful that can be, but 11 days!? omg, that is NOT fun!
awesome nails tho!
xox
c

Couture Carrie said...

Really fun post!
Love your pup and your manicure!
And oh yeah thanks now I'm craving ice cream!

xoxox,
CC

Islandia Lane said...

oooh I love Sinful Colors! they always have random yet great colors and they wear really well actually.
hope you are feeling better and I do have to say Half Baked often does it for me too.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Mmmm Half Baked is my FAVORITE ice cream. Seriously it's amazing.

Reena Rai said...

Awww so glad it helped. I'm sure the gorgeous nails and adorable doggie did their bit too. I've been craving some Half Baked since our conversation!

Michelle Schraudner said...

Isn't Half Baked so good?! Now I'm craving some, thanks a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no.... headaches are the worst? Do you get migraines regularly or is this something new? I am a migraine sufferer so I know they can be brutal. I hope you get some help... keep us posted, Sweetie. Ben and Jerry are good friends of mine, they always know how to help. How cute is that dog?! Love him. xo

Jules said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your headaches. That sounds really painful. I wouldn’t have been able to work or concentrate on anything but the pain either. I give you credit for dealing with it all that time. I hope everything is okay. Let me know if you need anything (not like I’m a doc or even live close, but you know what I mean).

I’ve heard many good things about that flavor of ice cream. Now I just need to try it. If it has cookie dough AND brownies…it has to be good.

That polish is really pretty for fall and almost looks a little purple in the photos.

Butters is adorable even is she got a little sick. That face would be too hard to stay mad at for very long.

Paige said...

so I'm pretty sure we are long lost twins...B&J's Half Baked is my favorite flavor of theirs AND I just had that exact nail polish on last week. Crazy!!