Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Party!

This weekend I will be celebrating my...yikes...27th birthday. God, I'm old!

I'm planning on going to a bar/club in West Hollywood and need the perfect outfit. Most of the time I'm all about comfort - which is probably why I prefer dive bars, because I can dress as I please. However, birthdays are only once a year and deserve dressing up!

On a recent trip to Forever 21 I spotted a skirt and fell in love. I knew that it'd be the skirt for my party. The only problem was finding a top to go with it because of its polyester material.


On a repeat trip to F21 this past weekend I found a cardigan that matches pretty well. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on the store's site. This horrible iPhone/mirror picture will have to do.

I'll probably also wear a pair of leggings or tights. I will be drinking and don't want to have any Britney Spears moments. With panties though, of course!

I didn't quite get my heels in the picture. They are these The Touch of Nina peep toes that I bought last summer at Famous Footwear. I never wear them because after an hour of so my feet are barkin'! I have tables reserved for my night out and don't dance so I don't expect to be on my feet much. That's the only reason I am going to wear them.

I am a bit worried that the outfit is a little too preppy for an LA club, but hey, it's my party and I'll dress how I want to! ;)

What do you guys think? Not right for a birthday celebration, or do you approve?



Photos courtesy of: SHoes.com and Forever 21

21 comments:

Steph said...

Super cute!! Im looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

I like it a lot. I think it looks great! Happy early Birthday! If you're gonna wear leggings (I'd do the same thing), maybe try capri ones? Have fun!!! You deserve it. :)

Meg said...

I think the skirt is cute and the other pieces will go well with it. Like you said, it's your birthday so you can do what you want!

Anonymous said...

I like it! I love flowy skirts so you can dance the night away.

love jenny xoxo said...

I love the shirt!! If you want it to look less preppy, I would suggest losing the sweater. It's cute together but it would look more "party-ish" without it :)

MyFashionAddictions said...

I think it's cute!
P.s. I bought that same cardigan in a light pink from F21.:)

I like it without the tights though since you're gonna be wearing a sweater, etc and be covered up on top.

Miss Sweet Tea said...

I think it's super cute! Happy early birthday!

Staley Mc said...

Love that skirt! Super cute!

SassyScorp said...

Love the skirt! WeHo is super fun also. Was just there last weekend.

Pretty Zesty said...

Just turned 27 TODAY... on the 27th! YIKES!!!


ps I have a giveaway happening. Stop by!

http://tinyurl.com/2vollfw

Anonymous said...

Leann IT IS PERFECT!! :D

this free bird said...

I think it's cute, put a little pair of lace trimmed bike shorts or shorter leggings underneath and maybe pull your hair back in a sassy ponytail!! That could look soooo cute and so right now 80's throwback that is completely in style. That skirt is really cute.

Girl I'm so glad you mentioned the ol' Britney pantie thing. Nobody needs there brit brit hangin' out after a few cocktails. Especially not on their birthday!!

Happy Early!

xoxo,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I LOVE it :) and I am always way too preppy and/or overdressed for everything. I like it that way! People expect me to dress well and so they in turn dress well ;) You will have so much fun!! And I apologize as well for being so bad about returning comments! xo

Yelena said...

cute ouftfit :) i would belt the cardigan with a skinny belt, leave it unbuttoned though, just add a belt where the smallest part of your waist is, highligh those curves! but that's just me! :)
have fun! you're gonna look awesome! :)

Oh, My Darling said...

Cute skirt! Absolutely fun for a party.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That skirt is ridiculously fun!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

That skirt is uber cute! It's perfect for that birthday party. It's cute and flirty. Advance happy birthday sweetie.

KDC Events said...

You're a young chick! Have a blast. That skirt is SUPER cute!!!

Syed said...

Happy Birthday for this weekend! I love the look of that skirt, it is so fun :)

Jules said...

Getting dressed up on your birthday is always something that I think is fun to do. This outfit is so cute and I think the cardigan goes nicely with it. Hopefully you’re able to get that or find something equally as nice. Tights are probably a good idea and I love the heels. Since you’ll have a table, I think you’ll be fine and your feet should be happy.

I hope you have a great time!

Mimi said...

i say it's your birthday, you can wear whatever you like! happy birthday! :D

p.s. i am a new follower. hope you get the chance to visit my blog and maybe follow it too. thanks! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/