Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hello Kitty IS Fashion

I am a few months shy of my 25th birthday, yet I am still a Hello Kitty fan. Then again, I'm not alone. There are many that embrace this cute Sanrio creation. Reading a blog on Fashion Addict about Dior's campaign using Hello Kitty as a model for their collection, it made me realize just how relevant the character is in the mainstream media, and what's more, among adults and the fashion industry.

I wear my Avon Hello Kitty rhinestone earrings (pictured above) with pride. I would love an entire collection of jewelry featuring the friendly feline; however, most it is so outrageously priced.

For example, the Hello Kitty Diamond Ring: Face sold by Sanrio retails for a whopping $4,250. Oooh but wouldn't it be a perfect adornment for the finger?!
And what about this Hello Kitty Diamond Bracelet Watch sold at Neiman Marcus for $3,550? It's made out of diamonds, Mother-of-pearl, and has a pink sapphire flower.





Then there's Kimora Lee Simmons for Hello Kitty. When this lady does it, she does it right! Under Simmons Jewelry she produces various high-end pieces including the Princess Kitty Diamond Pendant which sells for $4,250.





Ahh, the dreams of a twenty-something woman!


(Photos courtesy of Sanrio.com and NeimanMarcus.com)

1 comment:

Fashion Addict said...

I never thought anyone would be inspired by any of my posts, so I feel very honored! thanks for always reading the blog!! And GREAT post BTW.